Call 911 for medical or mental health emergencies
Non life-threatening Support
Non life-threatening Support Information
Mentors - Individuals that have offered to share their experiences and offer support
Starting Place and Suggested Reading for Parents, Individuals, and Family
What to do, process, and what does it all mean?
Let’s us help you get educated and find support!
- Family Resource Center. Research has clearly demonstrated that substance use disorders are chronic medical illnesses, with biological, social, and behavioral components. And like other chronic medical illnesses (i.e. Type-II Diabetes) substance use disorders and addiction are best managed with an appropriate combination of clinically proven approaches that include prevention, early intervention, treatment and continuing care.
- Addiction Policy Forum. Addiction is a complex but treatable disease, and with a combination of integrated care, evidence-based treatment, and a short and long-term plan, recovery is an ever-more attainable goal. Learn more about how to find treatment, the various kinds, and levels of treatment available, and how to support yourself or your loved ones as they begin their road to recovery.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD). Addiction is a disease, learn about it.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Learn how healthcare professionals address common mental illnesses and substance use disorders and how SAMHSA helps people access treatments and services.
Treatment & Intervention Specialists, Educational Consultant – what are they and do I need one?
- Treatment specialist takes a patient-first approach to finding the best program that meets the client’s needs, taking into consideration single or multiple diagnoses, specialty programming, location, insurance and out of pocket costs.
- Dana Free, Treatment Specialist, 541-591-2968
- Casey Palmer, MS, CADC III, QMHP
- Alcohol &Drug Behavioral Needs Care Coordinator
- Clackamas County Behavioral Health Division
- Direct 503.742.5968
- Educational Connections helps families locate the most appropriate educational and therapeutic options for their children.
- The key duty of an alcohol/drug interventionist is to help an alcoholic’s family and friends convince their loved one to seek treatment. The interventionist acts as an objective third party during an intervention, supporting the family as it confronts the person suffering from alcoholism in a firm, but loving manner.
- Leslie Koralek, PhD, CADC III, don’t go through it alone reach out today: 503-407-4885
- Compassionate Interventions, Our goal in an intervention is to not only get the addict into treatment, but also to support the family so the addict’s behavior changes while in treatment are supported in a healthy, positive way once they complete treatment and return to the social group.
Treatment, Residential/Sober Living, & Detox Facilities
Before you start – educate!
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (questions you need to think about)
The Kennedy Forum: Access to mental health, eating disorder, and addiction care is your right.
- If your health plan denied services, there are ways to fight back – Parity Registry
- Step-by-step Guide to Fighting Back.
- To find resources in your state for consumer advocates, health plan contacts, state regulators, federal regulators or veteran and military resources, click here and find your state.
Cedar Hills Hospital has been dedicated to helping people with mental illness and/or addiction to drugs and alcohol since 2009.
Madrona Recovery. Offering services that support youth through both mental health and chemical dependency issues within a co-occurring focused program.
evoke Therapy Programs, Helping Teen, Young Adults, and Families.
Hazelden Betty Ford committed to helping you get your life back from addiction.
Oregon Trail Recovery, an intensive outpatient program for individuals struggling with substance abuse.
Serenity Lane, a private, not-for-profit treatment center for alcohol and other drug addictions. We offer inpatient / residential and outpatient services to adults 18 years and older. We also offer clinical assessments, special family programs, long-term treatment and recovery support for a full year.
Klean, Located in a few places in Oregon, our facility will offer all levels of outpatient services. We offer many treatment options for those looking for a program that will fit into a busy schedule.
NW Family Services, Transitions is a substance abuse treatment agency providing prevention, education, and outpatient services. Our mission is to support family stability and child well-being.
Crestview Recovery is an Oregon drug rehab center and alcohol rehab center here to help when you are looking for an experienced rehabilitation center offering individualized addiction treatment programs.
Recovery Works NW, trained and licensed in OBOT (Office-Based Opioid Treatment), our team has the right set of skills to help you recover from your opioid or alcohol dependency.
Addiction Recovery Help for Teens and Young Adults, SMART Recover. Self-management and recovery training.
Tree House Recovery (men), Tree House Recovery is dedicated to achieving complete and lasting recovery. Our distinctive approach revolves around working to heal the person as a whole, not just the symptoms of addiction
Residential & Sober Living in Portland
Provide housing for people who have just come out of rehab (or recovery centers) and need a place to live that is structured and support for those in recovery.
- Will Archer Sober Living– Has some co-ed houses, 12-step based
Contact Will 503-516-1719
- Sober Living of Oregon– Has both men’s and women’s housing, all over the Portland area
Contact Autumn Harris 503-875-2787
- Oxford Houses– Both men’s and women’s houses in the tri-county area
- Iron Tribe– Homes on the east side
- Mountain View Recovery – Co-ed housing
Contact Rick 503-936-2060 or Zack 503-206-4501
- Fresh Start Housing – For men and women, west side of town
Contact Jen 503-713-7222
- Come Rest Awhile – Women, Lake Oswego
Contact Ildi 503-635-0102
- Peace of Joe – For women, in Hillsboro
Contact Holly 971-217-3162
- Serenity Homes of Oregon
- Fairhaven Recovery Homes – Men & women, Faith-based
Pacific Crest Trail Detox, LLC aims to provide a superior quality of care in a comfortable setting so that our clients can begin their journey into recovery and overcome their chemical dependencies.
Mental Health Resources: Information & Local Supports
NAMI – National Alliance on Mental Illness is a support and advocacy association for those with mental illness. They offer support groups, resources, and education classes on mental health:
Unity, Center for Behavioral Health. We are a 24-hour behavioral and mental health services center located in the greater Portland metropolitan area. We provide immediate psychiatric care and a path to recovery for people experiencing a mental health crisis.
GetTrainedToHelp.com, If you found yourself with a friend, neighbor, co-worker, or student in the middle of a mental health or emotional crisis, would you know how to help? Do you coach young people, assist the elderly, or work with the public? What do you do after asking “Are you okay?”
Oregon Family Support Network, providing support groups and education to families with a strong advocacy component:
Trauma Informed Care Oregon, serves as a centralized source of information and resources and coordinates and provides training for healthcare and related systems.
DIY Advocacy Center, Helping parents advocate for their families and to overcome barriers to behavioral health care. The DIY Advocacy Center was developed to share knowledge, tools, and a practical process with families of children with behavioral challenges. The Center was founded upon the belief that you know your child best and given the right plan and process, you will make decisions best suited to your family’s unique needs.
Youth Suicide Warning Signs. Youth, healthcare professionals, parent/caregivers, gatekeepers. There is hope and help.
Parker Bounds Johnson Foundation – Provide information to families about available therapeutic programs.
Collaborative Problem Solving, Children will do well if they can!
Trillium is Oregon’s largest provider of mental and behavioral healthcare for children and families. We are the only provider in Oregon offering a full continuum of children’s mental and behavioral health services.
Heart of the City – Wilsonville, purpose through connecting people, promoting health and wellness, expressing compassion and care, and providing personal development by maximizing resources via strategic partners.
Central City Concern is a nonprofit agency serving single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions.
Legal Systems & Support
Reynolds Defense Firm (Attorney & Blue Binder Project) – DUI or Criminal Charges
- Blue Binder Project – A DUI arrest doesn’t define who you are…what you do next will.
Parrot Creek, Youth Diversion provides youth involved in the juvenile justice system and their families with the tools, skills and emotional support they need to address negative behavioral patterns and get back on the right path to success.
Clackamas County Alcohol & Drug Evaluation. Our office provides clients with Court ordered drug and alcohol evaluations for Clackamas County. We specialize in DUI cases. Our clients are provided with knowledge of the DUI process and assigned a treatment center.
Donny Wright, CADC, West Linn – Family & Substance Abuse Counseling, (503) 320-9190
Foundations Counseling & Consultation, LLC, – Oregon City. Provides Mental Health Services to children, adolescents, adults, and families. We begin by providing a comprehensive individual or family assessment to include treatment recommendations. Further, Foundations provides comprehensive Alcohol & Drug assessments to adolescents and young adults and provides education and treatment services.
Western Psychological and Counseling Services, PC (Western) was established in 1986 to provide quality outpatient mental health, Chemical Dependency, and EAP services in an effective and efficient manner:
Counseling Services of Portland – Addiction
Safe Journey’s, offer a variety of counseling and coaching services. Oregon State approved outpatient DUII Treatment Program, we provide our clients with all services surrounding the DUII program.
Counseling Services of Portland, Provide expert support and advice in a safe, nurturing environment for Children, Teens, and parents
Bullying, Sexual Assault, and more: Help and Support
BullyBust, is designed to help students and adults become “upstanders”—people who stand up to bullying and become part of the solution to end harmful harassment, teasing, and violence in our nation’s schools.
Cyberbullying Research Center. This is constantly updated the – list of contact information for social media apps, gaming networks, and related companies – so you know where to get help for bullying, harassment, threats, and other forms of misuse.
SafeBAE is a student-focused, survivor-driven organization whose mission is to raise awareness about sexual assault in middle and high schools and student’s rights under Title IX. SafeBAE is focused on preventing dating violence and sexual assault by giving students the tools to change peer culture, end harassing re-victimization and advocate for consent and safe relationship education.
HEAR, Helping Everyone Achieve Respect. Parents, educators, students, and research-based bullying prevention programs for the classroom that challenge students to adopt respectful personal behavior and active bullying intervention.